- If you are a smoker- STOP SMOKING. Quitting Smoking is the single most important thing a smoker can do to enhance the length and quality of his or her life.
- If you don’t smoke, don’t start. Smoking causes lung cancer, and many other illnesses. And consider this: When smoking is combined with another risk factor, such as radon exposure, the risk of cancer is even higher.
- Avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Make your home smoke-free. You’ll not only protect yourself, but your family too.
- Test your home for radon. You can do this with easy to use kits sold at hardware stores.